Last Revised: April 2020
This Policy describes:
- The types of information we collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites available at: grangeinsurance.com, integrityinsurance.com, grangeagent.com, integrityagent.com (the “Websites”), and electronic communications with you, such as email or text messages.
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy is not intended to govern the use of any nonpublic personal information (“NPI”) provided in the procurement or administration of your insurance policies or other financial services by the Company. If you have applied for insurance with us or have a current insurance policy with us, we will use and share any personal information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our Notice of Company Information Practices.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, then please do not use our Websites. By using our Websites, you agree to the terms of this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time (see below, “Changes to this Policy”). Your continued use of our Websites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Gather
Personal Information is information that can be used to individually identify you from other users or customers. We collect both public and nonpublic Personal Information about you and members of your household in connection with your insurance transactions. The level of information collected varies depending upon your requests and/or types of policies and coverages, but may include:
- Name, address, phone number and e-mail address
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Date of birth
- Credit information
- Information the Company receives from a consumer reporting agency
Automatic Information Collection
In addition to the information that you provide to us, we may also collect information about you during your visit to our Website. We collect this information using automated tools that are detailed below. These tools may collect information about your behavior and your computer system, such as your internet address (IP Address), the pages you have viewed, and the actions you have taken while using the Website. Some of the tools we use to automatically collect information about you may include:
- Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
- session cookies, which do not stay on your computer after you close your browser, and
- persistent cookies, which remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your purchased items (e.g. a shopping cart), cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our site, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us or our trusted third parties to understand some of your behavior while using the Websites. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails, such as whether you opened them or not. Examples of such emails might be welcome messages or billing alerts. We may also use web beacons to record if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our websites. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information.
- Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails may include tracking technology embedded in the link. Some of these links will enable us, or our trusted third party service provider, to identify that you have clicked on the link in the email and, in some cases, this click information may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
- Chatbots, RPAs and AI. We may use a chatbot, robotic process automation or artificial intelligence to collect, retrieve and/or deliver information to you. Services provided by these methods are computer generated and not moderated or checked. Please remember to verify all relevant information.
Third Party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Websites and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third party websites.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Other than as disclosed in this Policy, the Website does not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Therefore, the Website does not operate any differently when its receives Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals from your internet web browser.
Various online forms are used by our Website and our electronic communications. The information gathered by these forms, including such Personal Information as email addresses and telephone numbers, can be used by us to cross-market our numerous products and services.
How We Use Your Information
The information we gather and that you provide is collected to provide you information and the services you request such as information pertaining to an insurance quote, or submitting a claim. In addition, we generally may use your information for various other purposes, including, but not limited to:
- Preventing malicious activity and provide you with a secure experience.
- Providing service and support for services you request.
- Providing marketing communications that are effective and optimized for you.
- Keeping you up-to-date with the latest benefits available from us.
- Preventing unwanted messages or content.
- Measuring the performance of our marketing programs.
- Contacting you about services and offers that are relevant to you.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell or lease your information to any third party. We may disclose your Personal Information to our trusted third party business partners in accordance with this Policy. Agent appointment requests are considered to be private information requests and no information regarding these requests is shared with any third-party.
We also work with a number of partners that help us process your requests, deliver customer service and support, send email marketing communications, and provide experiences that you have come to expect from us. We will share your information with these third parties in order to fulfill the service that they provide to us. These third party partners are under contract to keep your information secure and not to use it for any reason other than to fulfill the service we have requested from them.
Except as described in this Policy, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Responding to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities.
- Complying with any law, regulations, subpoena, or court order.
- Investigating and helping prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity.
- Enforcing or protecting the rights and properties of the Company or its subsidiaries.
- Protecting the rights or personal safety of the Company’s employees.
There are circumstances where the Company may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, the Company will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
Sharing Information Gathered by Company Websites and Electronic Communications
We do not share any of the information submitted by you through either our Websites or electronic communications with any non-affiliated third party, any affiliated Company agency or Company subsidiary except as allowed by law. We may, as permitted by law, provide information about you to certain persons or entities such as your Company agent, independent claim adjusters, regulatory and enforcement authorities, and persons or entities which perform insurance functions and services for us.
California Residents. Grange is not licensed to sell insurance in the state of California. Regardless, please be advised we do not share Personal Information with non-affiliated third parties for the purposes of third party marketing to you without your prior consent.
Electronic Communications Management
If you gave us your email address, we will use such information to confirm policy-related transactions. We may also use your email address from time to time to notify you of such things as new products, services, and special offers.
You have an option to choose to receive text messages (SMS or MMS) from us to keep you informed of developments with your policy. This service is optional and does not require you to purchase goods or services from the Company. If you give us your mobile device number and opt into such text messaging, you hereby consent to the Company’s use of your mobile device number in accordance with this Policy until you withdraw such consent. You further consent to receive phone calls or pre-recorded messages, including those from automated dialing systems. We may also use your mobile number from time to time to notify you of new products, services, and special offers.
- Compatible carriers include: AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, U.S. Cellular, Cellular One, MetroPCS, ACS/Alaska, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Centennial Wireless, Cox Communications, EKN/Appalachian Wireless, GCI, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix/Keystone Wireless, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Rural Cellular Corporation, Thumb Cellular, United Wireless, West Central (WCC), Cellcom, Cellsouth, Cricket, Cincinnati Bell and Virgin Mobile. T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- To discontinue receiving SMS/MMS messages from Grange Insurance or Integrity Insurance , text STOP to 49511. For additional help, text HELP to 49511 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 550-9222. Mobile and Data Rates May Apply. Text messaging frequency depends on your preferences.
Your Choices and Selecting Your Privacy Preferences
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested.
If you are a policyholder, at any time, you can log into your My Grange or My Integrity account at www.grangeinsurance.com or www.integrityinsurance.com to edit your profile and communication preferences.
If we provide subscription-based services, such as email newsletters, we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed to the service. Any transactional or service-oriented messages are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We will not intentionally send you email newsletters and marketing emails unless you consent to receive such marketing information. After you request to receive these emails, you may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Likewise, you can opt out of texting as described in this Policy. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
Any such communications you receive from us will be administered in accordance with your preferences and this Policy.
Accuracy and Access to Your Personal Information
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing.
Where we can provide you access to your Personal Information in our possession, we will always ask you for a username and password to help protect your privacy and security. We recommend that you keep your password safe, that you change it periodically, and that you do not disclose it to any other person or allow any other person to use it.
To view and change the Personal Information that you have provided to us, you can log in to your account and follow the instructions on that webpage, or contact us directly for assistance.
Information of Minors
We do not actively seek to gather information from individuals under the age of eighteen. We do not target the Website to minors, and would not expect them to be engaging with our Websites or services. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If we are aware of any Personal Information that we have collected about minors, we will take steps to securely remove it from our systems.
Third Party Websites
For Website Visitors from Outside of the United States
As a provider of insurance services in the United States, Grange does not target nor sell its services outside the United States. However, some visitors to our Website may be located outside of the United States and sometimes our customers may move outside the United States. To provide you with our services, we will still store, process, and transmit information in the United States and possibly other countries which may not have the same privacy and security laws as the country in which you currently reside. Grange cannot warrant or represent that it complies with any such laws. Regardless, we will always process your Information in accordance with this Policy.
Relatedly, under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), data subjects in the European Union (“EU”) possess specific rights with respect to their nonpublic personal information or “personal data” as defined under the GDPR. Please be advised that the Website is not designed nor intended to provide goods or services, nor track the behavior of individual data subjects in the European Union. Thus, if you are in the European Union and provide Information in this Website, please understand you are providing personal data to a company based in the United States. While Grange does not warrant or represent compliance with the GDPR, our company is committed to use any personal data you provide on the Website in accordance with this Policy.
Security of Personal Information
Because the security of your Personal Information is important to us we use commercially reasonable industry administrative, physical and technical security measures to protect your Personal Information. We employ these measures during transmission and even once we receive it. If you enter personal sensitive information such as a Social Security number on any of our forms, we encrypt the transmission of that same information using a secure technology called socket layer technology (SSL). Keep in mind that no method of transmission, whether over the Internet, by email or even over telephone or text messaging, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot and will not guarantee absolute security of your Personal Information.
We limit access to your Personal Information to only those persons or entities that require such information to do their jobs here at Grange or provide services for Grange on your behalf. We work diligently to comply with all applicable laws in the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information.
Changes to this Policy
Contact Grange Insurance